Japanese English Dictionary: Best 2 to Learn Japanese

A good Japanese English dictionary is important to learn Japanese. Here, I am going to introduce you two Japanese English dictionary that I have used to learn Japanese. I find them easy to use, friendly, never disappointed me with the Japanese word I want to find, and it complements each other to provide good examples.

WWWJDIC: Word Search

 



I started using this Japanese English dictionary right from the beginning when I started to learn Japanese. Before I learnt any kana or kanji, I depended on romaji a lot. Thus, I liked its Search Using Romanized Japanese, which cater for beginners. Once you learnt the Japanese characters, you could also search using kana and kanji too.



The most accurate search result goes to the top. It will display
  • kanji: the complicated writing
  • kana: the not so complicated writing
  • type: you this word as a noun, adjective (na,i), expression, verb, adverb, etc.
  • popular word: indicates that this is a commonly used word
  • example: my favourite function

Click on the [Ex], it will display a list of examples. It will randomly pick 10 examples. You may click on the complete list to see all the examples available. The examples are extremely useful for beginners to learn Japanese.

The examples are quite simple. One method I used is to look at the English text and try to translate it into Japanese. Then, I look at the Japanese text to see how well I did.

Next....
Japanese English Dictionary: The Next Best for Learning Japanese
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • Picturelearning Japanese • Design by Dzignine, Blogger Blog Templates

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...