Self Guided Tour Kawasaki: Around Kawasaki Daishi

川崎といえば ... kawasaki to ieba ...When we mention Kawasaki..., the first thing that comes to my mind is the Kawasaki bikes.
My dad used to own a Kawasaki bike.
Kawasaki bike shop

I thought when there will be a lot of Kawasaki bikes in Kawasaki.
Throughout my walking journey I saw only one Kawasaki bike store.
Seems to have more Lawson convenience store than the Kawasaki bike stores.


Getting to Kawasaki


Getting to Kawasaki Daishi

Board the JR Keihin Tohoku Blue Line to the Kawasaki Station.
It is a big station.
Modern building with shopping malls.
You may want to explore the shopping malls on your way back.

乗る noru Get on the Keikyu Kawasaki Line.
Just a across the street from the JR Kawasaki Station.
The Keikyu Kawasaki is a smaller line, but I like it.
It gives a feel like a tram more than a train, which I liked it very much.

降りる oriru Get off at Kawasaki Daishi.


Kanayama Shrine


The first attraction would be the Kanayama Shrine.
I have never seen any shrine to so 頭が柔らかい atama ga yawarakai open minded.

Kanamara Shrine

Here there are no figures of animal or people statue.
But a huge glittering statue of a big ちんちん chinchin pen*is.

Kawasaki Daishi Kanamara Shrine
The figures of pen*is is everywhere within the shrine compound.
On the banner.
On the wishing board.
On the souvenirs.
Kanamara Shrine souvenirs

It was interesting to see and read people wishes written on the wishing board.

People come here to ...を祈る wo inoru pray for fertility and a child.

The fun part is in the Spring, where there is a festival.
People celebrate it by parading the huge pen*is around town.
That sounds interesting doesnt it?


Kawasaki Daishi Heiken Ji


Kawasaki Daishi Heiken Ji

The Kawasaki Daishi Heiken Ji is not far away from the Kanamara Shrine.
I find this place to be very calm and welcoming.

I guess my feeling of calmness and welcoming is true when I saw the what was written.
It says: 祈りと平和 inori to heiwa "Prayers and peace".

Kawasaki Daishi Heiken Ji

Enjoyed the tranquility and calmess.
Furthermore it was autumn.
The cool breeze was amazing.


Walking back to the JR Kawasaki Station


The Keikyu Kawasaki only took me less than 15 mins.
It wasnt traveling fast anyway.
So I thought walking back to the JR Kawasaki Station would not be any longer.

Guess how long it took me to walk from the Kawasaki Daishi Heiken Ji to the JR Kawasaki Station.
1 hour 20 mins.
Anyway, I took my own sweet time leisurely walking back.
Looking around, smiling at the scenes around me.

The first thing that made my smile would be the sunset.

Kawasaki Daishi Sunset

The second smile was when I was watching parents playing with their children on a "ship" playground.

Kawasaki Daishi Park

Then I came to this park where these young guys were playing baseball.
Anyway, 野球 yakyuu baseball is like a Japanese national sports.
9 out of 10 Japanese is crazy about baseball.
So I sat there and watch them played for a while.

Kawasaki Daishi Park baseball

Then when I thought these guys only accepts high school boys.

This boy came in, "who said so?"
Kawasaki Daishi Park baseball kid


Walking Dogs


Japanese people love walking dogs
You know what, someone told me before that dog is part of the family.
To the singles, dogs are their partner.
Well dogs are 忠実 chuujitsu loyal.


Kawasaki Leisure Walking dog

This dog is walked

Kawasaki Leisure Walking dog 2

This dog is walked too.


Kawasaki Leisure Walking dog 3

and this dog waiting to be walked...hahaha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • Picturelearning Japanese • Design by Dzignine, Blogger Blog Templates

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...